Thursday, October 18, 2012

Post #8


My literacy narrative will be about when I first started writing. Reading had a lot to do with how I learned to write. My parents would always read to me before I went to bed. They were always a big help, but I believe that the books they chose to read to me were what really stood out to me. The use of perfect linguistics for my age was what really got me going. In order to share my story, I will be showing clips of parts of my favorite book, Goodnight Moon. My parents also saved some of my first letters, so I intend on showing those too. I want my short film o flow so I intend on using background music opposed to talking in this video.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great project! Your narrative should fit perfectly for the assignment and sounds really interesting. I think the idea of showing your favorite books that helped you learn will work really well.

    As for criticisms, I think a little bit of narration might be really beneficial to your project. It would help us understand where you ar coming from without having to put a ton of text on the screen. Or you could have lots of different frames with a few words. Either way will work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be very interesting! I like that you're correlating books with relationships, I think that will really help the viewer connect. I think speaking during the video would help add to this as well, this will help the viewer stay focused and understanding of what you're trying to portray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using your old letters and using the book. those should help paint a pretty good picture.

    I do have to agree with Jack some narration is needed. narration would help everyone get the information at the same speed where as reading speed could vary quite a bit. I am not saying do a lot; you could probably get away with out narration for Goodnight Moon, but for the letter they would probably be well served by narration.

    -Brandon Fair

    ReplyDelete