Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog Post #9


All ten tips that Smashing Magazine suggests are very good tips. However for me right now, all ten tips do not apply to what I have currently accomplished. I feel as though if I were to make a portfolio in a few years I would use every tip. However, making a tag line would be difficult for me because there is not anything right now that I specifically do because I am a sophomore still and I do not know yet what I intend to do. Also, it would be hard for me to include the services tip in my web portfolio because I do not have any specific service that I am capable at on my web portfolio. When looking at the 40+ beautiful personal portfolio websites, there were a few that I liked, a few I did not like and then the rest I was more or less indifferent about. I really enjoyed Vitor Louranco’s web portfolio. It was simple and very clear as to what he did, I also really liked how clean cut it is. I also liked the Digital Mash website and The Things We Make web portfolio. I thought that they were fun and playful but also well organized. A few I did not like were Kerry Nehil’s, Jason Santa Maria’s and David Appleyard’s. To me they seemed like they were trying to be too professional or trying to be too clean cut. I thought they came across as boring and if I were to make a web portfolio, I probably would not make one similar to theirs. To make this type of portfolio, I would need to know a lot more. I have never tried to make a web portfolio before so I would need to learn almost everything to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment