Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Post #5

Dove Campaign for Real Beauty by Sara:
First off, the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty was probably my favorite of the three webtexts. Almost everything about the website I loved. The choice of color is probably the first aspect of the webtext that really jumps out at you. The bright blue color goes with the blue color of the font that is the Dove slogan/label. Not only are all the texts blue but there are blue borders on white text box. The blue and the white contrast really well and the blue writing stands out on the white background. Then the blue border really frames the white box and text well. The background of the whole page is a lovely mix of both blue and white. It is a clever pattern of birds, flowers and clouds. Overall the webtext has a womenly feel to it, which I am sure was the author's purpose because the Dove for Real Beauty Campaign targets women. There really was not anything that stood out to me that I disliked.

Life-Based Web Comics by Ariel:
The Life-Based Web Comics webtext by Ariel was very straight-forward. What I liked about the webtext was that it was all very well organized. It was very clear where everything was and there weren't any surprises. Even though I liked that it was all very well thought out and very organized, I think the page was a little boring to me. I really did not like color choice, it seemed a little more masculine and plain.

Credit Unions by Brandi:
The link for Credit Unions by Brandi was not found/not working.

The way I want to design my webtext is very simple. I want to have a bright and inviting color because for me that is what stands out, plain/masculine colored webtexts did not appeal to me. Although I do want a bright and inviting color like the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty, I did like the simplicity of the layout of the Life-Based Web Comics webtext, so I will probably keep my webtext fairly simple. I only want to have what I need on my page, no extra fluff. I like the page to be centered and I also want to add some visuals by having some sort of image on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment